It’s a busy night of basketball on St. Patrick’s Day, with a full slate of second-round NCAA Tournament games combined with a loaded 11-game NBA schedule. If you’re a basketball fan, you’re in heaven.
Things started with the Pacers and Wizards jockeying for Eastern Conference playoff position. Then leading MVP candidates James Harden and Anthony Davis squared off with the Pelicans hosting the Rockets. We also saw two of the teams in the uber-crowded Western Conference playoff race, the Timberwolves and the Spurs.
We’ll have all the scores, highlights and updates throughout the night.
NBA scores for Saturday, March 17
- Milwaukee Bucks 122, Atlanta Hawks 117 (Box Score)
- Washington Wizards 109, Indiana Pacers 102 (Box Score)
- Houston Rockets 107, New Orleans Pelicans 101 (Box Score)
- New York Knicks 124, Charlotte Hornets 101 (Box Score)
- Brooklyn Nets 114, Dallas Mavericks 106 (Box Score)
- Memphis Grizzlies 101, Denver Nuggets 94 (Box Score)
- Cleveland Cavaliers 114, Chicago Bulls 109 (Box Score)
- San Antonio Spurs 117, Minnesota Timberwolves 101 (Box Score)
- Utah Jazz 103, Sacramento Kings 97 (Box Score)
- Portland Trail Blazers 100, Detroit Pistons 87 (Box Score)
- Golden State Warriors 124, Phoenix Suns109 (Box Score)
The Beard beats The Brow
Houston won its fourth game in a row by beating the Pelicans on Saturday, as James Harden won the MVP-candidate showdown with Anthony Davis. Harden finished with 32 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists, while Davis put up 26 points and 13 rebounds.
Grizzlies snap 19-game losing streak
Memphis hadn’t won a game since Jan. 29 …. basically a month and a half. They snapped the skid at home with a wire-to-wire victory over the Nuggets.
Jabari isn’t messing around
Jabari Parker is still working his way back from injury, but it’s safe to say he’s looking pretty healthy. He threw down two vicious dunks in the second quarter against the Hawks on Saturday.
Collison beats the buzzer
Well, that’s one way to end the quarter. Well done, Darren Collison.